Time for another installment of the best from the world of baseball (at least the portion I’ve found anyway…)
- From a post on Beyond the Box Score, I came across MLB Trade Trees. It’s a very interesting site where he takes a look at the net player effect of trades from the past, but with a visual piece to it. I actually really like it a lot, as it’s a visual piece similar to my Trade Retrospectives, and will most likely be contacting him to see about some more ideas.
- Arne over at Misc. Baseball is rapidly becoming one of my favorite bloggers, as he had posts about the possible suicide of Don Wilson, the near no-hitters of 1989, and the occurrences over time of certain words (like baseball and steroids)
- Neil deMause over at Baseball Prospectus had a very good writeup about the situation with the A’s and San Jose. I’ve gotten to a point where I expect that this eventually is going to get done, but it will be a little sad to see it happen.
- Graham Womack over at Baseball Past and Present continued his excellent series on Any player/Any era, with his write up of Ichiro Suzuki.
- Aaron Somers over at Blogging from the Bleachers looked at the Hall of Fame case for Andy Pettitte, and I have to say I was really surprised just how well he compared and how good his case actually may be.